Friday, June 8, 2007

A Yellow Day

Corn Muffins, recipe courtesy of __?__. I found it scribbled into my recipe book. To put it nicely, these were boring. Before baking the second half, I added probably a tablespoon of vanilla and a heaping spoonful of honey. That helped (vanilla is my panacea), but I'd still consider these a blank canvas, in need of gorgeous fruit sauces--i'm envisioning criss-crossed blueberry and raspberry, although that's a little 4th of July for me--or, in the very least, maple syrup.

Yellow Split Pea Soup, recipe from the Tassajera Cookbook. I was intrigued by the use of lemon juice in this recipe (other than that, it features the regulars: bay leaf, cumin, paprika, black pepper...), but the lemon turned out to be too much for me. Maybe if had added it earlier it would have mellowed out, but whew, I didn't like it at all. I'm not going to bother to post the recipe, and the photoshoot was likewise uninspired. Sigh.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey you! Great photos, great writing. Keep it up. If you want to cook sometime, when our schedules allow, I am game! See you soon!

neetamak said...

great posts. are you indian??

im making some of your amazing pancakes tomorrow. waiting for bok!
talk to you soon!