Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last Days, First Crust

Colin suffered the fate of those of us who have birthdays close to major holidays--we combo'd his b-day and going away quiches. And I did the crust! The process made me realize two things: how completely i'd been a spectator for previous quiche crust-making adventures and how damn good i am at making said crusts. Well, maybe...I had quite a lot of supervision. But look at how pretty!


Crust recipe here, custard here. The spinach was a new twist for us--we sauteed it briefly with the onions and garlic before baking it in. We also used pink peppercorns (in addition to black pepper). Our spiciest quiche yet!















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess! I want to make this but can't find the crust recipe on the linked page. Can you help me? Thanks. :)