Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Birthday Queen

She's made sure that all of ours made it onto the group calendar, so we had to do something special for Shawn's birthday. This cake was it. Just unbelievably good--texture, taste, this cake has it all. Unfortunately I was in too big a hurry to eat it that my photos area tad on the blurry side, that's a pretty big endorsement right there. It's officially " Grandmamma's Orange Cake". Chef Emma added a tsp of almond extract (and thinks she'll add two next time) as well as a handful of slivered almonds (but they baked down to almost nothing). The other amendment was 1/2 C of sugar instead of 3/4 for the syrup and I didn't notice anything missing. Yum!

2 comments:

cheerfulhobo said...

I am so excited to be on your blog! I feel like I am famous on the internet.

Derek said...

That is one nice looking cake. You some kinda baker or something?